Maintaining TestRail associations when moving issues to a new project

Mick Might January 22, 2021

Dear Atlassian community,

I realise this relates to a third party plugin but wondered if anyone could suggest how I go about maintaining TestRail associations when moving issues from a next-gen project to a classic project

The issueKey is re-created for the new project I create, when I Bulk Update -> Move the old issues to the new project. This breaks my TestRail associations. 

I'm thinking this:

1. I can use Jira Automation to set a label (matching the original issue key) on each issue, them Bulk Update -> Move the issues to my new Classic project.
  2. Fully back-up all fields in the new Classic project to CSV file.
  3. Once inside my classic project, I can associate the new project with TestRail, then write a program to use the TestRail REST interface to update the TestRail "References" field programmatically, reading from the CSV export the match the label in my new issues. 

I appreciate any comments or recommendations of a better or quicker way to achieve this. 

Many thanks

Mick 

1 answer

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021

Hi @Mick Might welcome to the Atlassian Community.

For your current issue (market place tool), all that I can find is the Test Rail support team's link who would be best option at the moment. Kindly reach them at:

https://www.gurock.com/testrail/support  https://www.gurock.com/testrail/about/contact

Calling numbers:

US & Canada:+1 713-533-5000
Germany:
+49 (30) 56796604

If my post is helpful kindly upvote and "accept answer" for the benefit of new members.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events