Labels not showing on backlog when field is named something other than label?

Eggy December 5, 2019

We are trying to utilize the next-gen project, we really like some features but others are still a little hard to navigate. We use the current sprint board view a lot but the filtering options are limited. We want to be able to filter by specific work focus (on the old jira board this was done by components and quick filters) but those options are no longer available. So, I created a a label field called "team" and added default labels to select but as it turns out this functionality doesn't seem to work on next-gen. As those labels don't seem to be recognized as labels if that field isn't named label (even though it is technically considered a label field). Any suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2019

Hello Eggy,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

The option to filter by Label was recently released and this filter only recognizes information added in the system field, so if we created a field of the same type, it won’t be recognized for the filter, but any information added to the system “Label” field, will work.

With that said, I really understand that next-gen is very limited in features and this type of project was created for small teams, that’s why many features of classic projects were not added.

We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of quick filters on next-gen:

Also, I want to share with you the main feature, that has the sub-tasks with everything that customers are asking for next-gen:

Please, click on vote and watch for all features that you believe it’s important for your environment.

Regards,
Angélica

Eggy December 9, 2019

Thanks Angélica,

Label field only really works for the system field. 

I realize that next-gen has limited features because it was created for small teams although labels I would assume is valuable for teams of any size especially since the ability to customize and create quick filters is not available. I will review the feature roadmap and vote for the ability to create quick filters. 

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer