Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

JQL in different date/time context

Is it possible (maybe using plugins) to make a JQL in context an earlier DateTime, e.g., one week ago?

Meaning that the results returned on my query are the same results as if I ran the same query one week ago?

1 answer

1 vote

Not sure I am totally following what you are trying to do, but you could try using some of the existing JQL functions like:

startOfWeek(-1) would be last week

startOfDay(-7) would be 7 days ago

Sorry for the bad explanation.

At the end of week 1 let's say I do a query of all cards with status open. Let's say it returns 10 cards

Now, at end of week 2, I want to do a query of all cards with status open at the end of week 1. Which should also return 10 cards. - No matter how many cards were opened/closed/reopened during week 2.

The same thing at the end of week 3, I want to do a query of all cards with status open at the end of week 1, which again should also return 10 cards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Team-managed projects

Find issues faster in your team-managed board and backlog

Hi Jira Community! I’m Mark, a product manager working on Jira Software. Today, I’m happy to announce that we’re launching custom filters for team-managed projects. If you’ve used the quick filters...

3,860 views 19 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you