JQL Filter for sprint not working for next gen subtasks

Anja Müller-Bergmann February 18, 2020

What I want to do:

Have scrum board in next gen project to show the stories of the current sprint in correct priority order with "group by subtasks" option activated.

First insight:

There is a bug saying this is currently not working: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17950
As a workaround it is suggested to create a Classic board and edit its filter to return the next-gen issues.

Workaround - still not working: 

I created a classic board and set the filter to “project = my_project AND Sprint = current_sprint”. Stories and bugs are correctly shown, but the subtasks do not show up. If I filter for “project = my_project", stories, bugs and subtasks are shown. The current_sprint is correctly set in the subtasks.

Question

JQL query “project = my_project" correctly filters stories, bugs and subtasks

JQL query “project = my_project AND sprint = current_sprint" (my_project being a next gen project) correctly filters stories and bugs but does NOT show any subtasks altough subtasks are correctly assigned to the sprint. 

Why is that and what can I do to fix it?
See "What I want to do" section for what I really trying to achieve, so if there is other ways to get there I am also happy.

Thanks,

Anja

9 answers

13 votes
paul.keary June 28, 2020

@Ivan Teong  - is there an ETA on the above?

I am becoming extremely disillusioned with the next gen projects. The product is not ready for production release. There are so many simple basic bugs that just don't work.

Mikaela Bertucci October 9, 2020

agreed 

Like # people like this
8 votes
Thomas Haagsma April 9, 2020

I'm having a similar problem. The moment I use 'Sprint' in my JQL query no subtasks show up anymore, even though they have a sprint assigned.

Paul_Coe April 16, 2020

Im having the same issue.  Is there a suggested workaround or any indication when it will be resolved?

Bruce Epstein May 27, 2020

Agreed. Turning on the Sprint filter immediately causes all subtasks to not appear if querying a NextGen project.

Like Nathanael Kevin likes this
Bilal.Shuja June 22, 2020

Having the same issue. Any workaround?

mangaleswari June 25, 2020

Yes facing same issue. It will be really helpful if there is any way to have sprint and subtask filter combination work in ISSUES section. 

Aamer Shaikh July 9, 2020

Even am facing issue for the next gen project.

If the project is classic and if we filter by Sprint, we do get Sub Tasks in it. But not with next gen project.

One way to use the filter for tracking is to export as csv or excel and then use it further for filtering manually.

JasonB3 August 3, 2020

Confirmed, same issue here too. 

Davide Giordano December 9, 2020

Same issue here! Please fix your product Atlassian!

Paul Versteeg January 31, 2021

We are having the same issue. No subtaks show up when filtered on current sprint. Really disappointing. 

Like Bilal.Shuja likes this
Michael Patterson June 15, 2021

Same issue here. I've created a support ticket. 

5 votes
Dan H July 27, 2020

I'm facing a lot of backlash with project managers in regards to this exact problem after having setup using Next Gen...

Please can we get an update and fix for this issue, as it's very problematic!

3 votes
Mikaela Bertucci October 8, 2020

This is really frustrating and is happening for me too.. so annoying as our group uses subtasks for each developer and I use another tool to total all the sub tasks BUT it relies on the jql query to work.. which it's not.. seriously annoying

3 votes
Amarpreet Singh Chaudhary September 3, 2020

C'mon guys, I migrated the entire org to nextgen and keep discovering really simple stuff that seems to have been missed out! Can atlassian let us know if the filter for sub tasks via sprint value is going to be added to the nextgen issue filter or not?

2 votes
Manveer Singh March 3, 2021

Atlassian it's been years now since this was reported and still, it's not fixed.

This is not the service we were expecting from you :(

Now, I agree with my company's move "Octane" from Jira.

1 vote
PO April 19, 2021

any update for this bug ???

0 votes
Yi Jie Chuah April 4, 2023

A "maybe" workaround is to use the created at/ updated at dates I guess. However, this is pretty unreliable and does not always work.

I don't understand why it's difficult to even give an UPDATE on this issue. If the bug is difficult to fix, at least give an ETA or SOME kind of announcement. There is NOTHING in this thread from the Atlassian team.

There is nothing "next-gen" about these projects, they are chalk full of bugs and I am EXTREMELY dissatisfied with this service.

Should've listened to my team and went for notion instead. That platform isn't even really build for project management primarily but at least that it has filters that work and a team that cares about its userbase :))))

0 votes
Morgan Siffert June 14, 2021

Same as above "any update for this bug ???"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events