Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Issues with Automation Rules and specific status

Background:

• I created custom fields and automation rules to enable teams to query how long  tickets have been in a particular status

The details:

• I have two custom fields:
    • Last Transition Occurred - this is a Date field
    • Days in Status - this is a numeric field
  • The automation rules:
    • Any time a ticket is transitioned (from any status to any status):
      • Last Transitioned Occurred field is changed to today's date
      • Days in Status field is reset to 0
    • I have another automation rule that increments the Days in Status field every day

The issue:

• The automation rule that updates Last Transitioned Occurred and Days in Status fields works for all statuses EXCEPT for the QE status.  The automation rule does not execute.
  • One difference with the QE status is that "Allow all statuses to transition to this one" option is unchecked/disabled
  • When I check/enable "Allow all statuses to transition to this one" for the QE status, the automation rule executes successfully.  However - this is something I cannot enable as I have conditional checks and validations on the transition
  • Closed status is another status that is setup the same as the QE status (the "Allow all statuses to transition to this one" option is unchecked/disabled).  However - the automation rules executes with no problem for Closed status.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Eugene Eng 

In your workflow are you using a custom event?  If so you may be encountering this defect:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-74614

Kind regards,
Bill

Bill - I think this was it!  I didn't specifically use a custom event, but once I changed it to Generic - it seemed to be working.  

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Team-managed projects

An update on team-managed projects customer feedback – November 2021

Hi! My name is Eoin and I'm a product manager working on Team-managed projects in Jira Software Cloud. We're continuously improving and updating Jira Software and feedback from our customers is ...

1,369 views 0 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you