Issues not showing on next-gen scrum board

Jake Aspinwall
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 17, 2019

Any idea why stories won't show on a next-gen scrum board? The strange thing is that I have 2 projects configured the same way. However, one of the projects won't show the issues for the current sprint on the scrum board.

4 answers

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2019

Hello Jake,

Welcome to Atlassian community.

JIRA Next-gen projects have a tab called Features that you can use to remove some views from it.

That been said, please navigate to your both projects > Project settings > Features and check if both are configured with the same features turned-on.

If they are configured with the same features, can you please confirm to us if you are not been able to see the issues under your Sprint or if you are not being able to see the Sprint view at all?

Additionally, can you double check if the board you are seeing is related to the next-gen project and if the issues you created are under that same project?

If possible, provide us a screenshot displaying the problem you are seeing - Removing the confidential information from your site.

Jake Aspinwall
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 17, 2019

They are both configured identically.

When viewing the Backlog for the problem project, I can see the active sprint with all the issues in it. The problem is, when I navigate to the board it's completely blank.

I ended up moving all the issues out of the sprint—which completely deleted the sprint—then created a new sprint, moved the issues back in and it fixed the issue.

Divya Jalan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 9, 2019

I am facing the exact same issue :|

Myron McMillin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 28, 2019

I just closed and started a new sprint, and the new sprint/issues do not show on the board. 

Lukas Gutwinski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 3, 2019

Same issue here -_-

Julie Shulman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 3, 2019

Hi - I just created my first Next-Gen project and when I started my first sprint, the issues in the current sprint do not appear on the board either. I cannot find any settings that allow to me manage the board view besides deleting it which I would like to avoid. 

calvin September 19, 2019

Having a same issue. Getting frustrated.

Pedro_Villalobos
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 19, 2019

same thing here

Danielle Velasquez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 25, 2019

I am also having the same issue. I migrated my items from a classic project to a next-gen project. I do not have an active sprint since I saw my board was blank. I would like to resolve the issues with my board before adding a sprint. When viewing the backlog, I can see my whole project, however, the board is blank. 

0 votes
Cheryl April 14, 2021

I'm having the same issue, is there a solution yet?

0 votes
SATC Digital Dev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 16, 2020

Be sure to check the backlog. If you create a new item using the + on the LHS menu, it will create it in the backlog and it won't appear on the Next Gen board. You then need to select  them (Shft click for multi-select) and drag them into the sprint. If you want to skip this step, you can use the 'Create issue' option in the Board column to create new items and it should appear on the board immediately. (we use Epics for swimlanes).

0 votes
Divya Jalan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 25, 2019

The current sprint should be visible in the Kanban board. 

Suggest an answer