Issues Types on the Roadmap vs. Backlog/board

Chuck Harshey
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 18, 2019

I love that fact the Roadmaps show Epics and it's very easy to use.  However, It would be super helpful to have the ability to choose what Issue Types show up on the backlog (and board).  Instead, you force us to only see Stories, Bugs, or Tasks on the backlog/board?  

Here is my use case:  I created a Next Gen project in Jira for our Product Mgmt team to manage their larger initiatives ('Epics') and have them slot them into 3 month 'Target Release Windows'.  I want these Epics to show on the Roadmap (which they do), as well as on the backlog/board, so that they can be worked across the team board at that very high level Epic level.  Instead, you force us to only see Stories, Bugs, or Tasks on the backlog/board?  

I do NOT want the Product Mgmt team to be breaking down any Epics into Stories/Tasks at that level... that should be done by the lower level agile teams during release or PI type planning.  You current approach forces me to introduce a new Issues Type (Feature) that would also have to be used in the old Jira projects that are being used by the Agile teams to consume the work of the Product Mgmt team.  

0 answers

Suggest an answer