Is there a way to add issues to my sprint scrum board from the sprint board?

Emily Spitzer November 2, 2018

I would like my team to be able to add issues directly to the scrum board from the board itself, having to go into the backlog is a pain. Is there a way around this?

1 answer

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2018

Hi @Emily Spitzer

I don't see a way to add issues directly from the board; that is probably by design since the scrum backlog is normally built from the product backlog during planning. But...if you have the sprint field enabled for the issue type and part of the issue edit view you can add it to the active sprint/scrum from there. 

Procedurally, this makes sense in a scrum world, since the product owner should only add or remove items from the scrum if absolutely necessary or of all of the issues were completed before the end of the scrum and the team has the bandwidth to take on more work.  This would allow the PO to update the board on an issue by issue basis.

Hope this helps, 

-Scott

Emily Spitzer November 2, 2018

@sboss Unfortunately I don't  see a "sprint field" that can be enabled in the issue types OR the issue edit box. 

I hear you on why they designed the board this way, however we like to keep bugs and some type of operations tasks (that we often can't predict beforehand) as their own cards so it would be nice to be able to add these more easily.

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2018

@Emily Spitzer, it may not be part of the view.If you click the "where's my field" button in the issue view you can see if it is included.  Note...you may need to be a jira-administrator to do this...I'l working from memory as I watch Jeopardy ;) 

-Scott

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events