Is it possible to send automated report to the team?

Saumya Singh March 14, 2022

The reports I am talking about will be generated by an in house dashboard and software and my boss wants to automate the process of sending the report to a group or channel of the team members (can be slack or any other tool) on an app that can be integrated with our software. 

Can anyone suggest a solution?

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2022

Hi @Saumya Singh -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The answer depends upon what you mean by "report", what information you want to communicate, and to whom.  I recommend considering your answers first, and then...

For other than basic reporting to other Jira users, you may want to search the Atlassian Marketplace for addon products to purchase.

For built-in Jira features that could help, please consider these options:

• There are built-in Jira Cloud features which support creating a saved filter and subscribing, which would be a list of issues sent by email on a schedule people can choose
  • Using automation for Jira rules, you could build a slightly more targeted report, up to the limit of 100 issues, and triggered on various events: schedule, sprint completed, branch merged, etc.  That could send a message via email, Slack, or MS Teams.  For automation rules, you are not limited to sending reports to named Jira users.
  • You noted dashboards, and Jira has some limited dashboard features which could be shared with other Jira users by sending out a link
  • Atlassian provides Google Sheets and Excel addins which could be built into reporting for a shared spreadsheet
  • There are also REST API and webhook capabilities to pull data out of Jira for reporting in external tools

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events