Is it possible to modify "Time to first response" and "Time to resolution" field?

Agrawal Shashank August 30, 2022

Hi, We are trying to create some retrospective incidents in JSM. Let's say I create an incident and then when we change the status of incident to "Resolved", it populates the field "Time to resolution" with the system timestamp (current) but we don't want that because it's incorrect.
Since they are retrospective ticket, the resolution date and time are in the past.

Is it possible to change the values of these fields so that we can get the right reporting based on these fields? I can't seem to find that option anywhere.

Also, if this is not possible, I have created 2 fields Start Date/Time and End Date/Time where I am populating the time correctly. Is it possible to calculate the difference between these 2 fields to get the duration?

Let me know if anyone can help.

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2022

Hi @Agrawal Shashank,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Yes, time to resolution and time to first response can be modified. These two fields are controlled by your SLA settings in the project, so in order to ignore incidents you would have to go to SLA and modify the query used to not include incidents. You can learn more about SLAs here

Agrawal Shashank August 30, 2022

Hi @Mikael Sandberg Thanks for the response.

I don't want to ignore the incident. Let me explain it with example.

Say I have 10 incidents created which are retrospective so they happened in the past few weeks but I am just creating them now because I want to show them on a JSM report. 
Now when I create the incident there are 2 custom fields I created Start Date/Time and End Date/Time which I populate them accordingly.

But when I change the incident status to Resolved it shows me 2 fields in the SLA section - Time to first response and Time to resolution. Both fields are populated with timestamp when I resolved the incident BUT in my case since they are retrospective incidents the resolution happened in the past so I have to basically use those dates.

Is it possible to get the SLA reporting done based on custom fields which I created Start/End Date/Time? I want to know the real values of my incident duration which can only be possible to get from these fields.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2022

In that case I would create a new incident request type and then in the SLA ignore that request type. Or you could use a component or as you suggested a custom field and then update the JQL in the SLA accordingly.

If you look at the SLA you can set conditions when the SLA should pause/start/stop, but this is only based on the workflow statuses, if the assignee field changes, on comments or when the resolution is set. You cannot use a custom field as part of that condition.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events