In JIRA Next-Gen project, how can I add a bug as a sub-task to a story

Rohan Peshkar July 23, 2019

I am using the Next-Gen Scrum project, I wanted to add a sub-task under a story but change its issue type from Sub-Task to a bug.

We have this requirement as we wanted to track the bugs about a story as subtasks of that story, also with this, we should be able to assign those bugs to individual developers.

If I try and add a new issue type it is not showing under the types for a sub-task.

3 answers

0 votes
Deleted user May 8, 2021

Can't comprehend how to work with Story having this limitation in one subtask issue type. What QA team should do in case fresh implemented story has bugs? The story branch is not merged to the develop yet. This bugs is for the story only.

So they are not a project's bugs so we can't create them to the project.

0 votes
Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2019

@Rohan Peshkar you can have one subtask issue type in a next-gen project and tou can rename that issue type to be what you want... https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/set-up-issue-types-in-next-gen-projects-949233753.html

0 votes
shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2019

these can be achieved but not recommended

Create sub-task issue type shown in attached image

104.JPGso whenever you create these issue type under that story it will be linked as sub-task for the same. you can name it as a bug

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2019

Agree with @shetty ,

I would never ever use the same name for a Standard Issue Type and a Sub-Task Issue Type. You will totally confuse your users with a configuration like that.

Rohan Peshkar July 23, 2019

I would name it something else like Issue or Story-Bug, the need here is to have sub-tasks under a story and mark them as bugs. 

@shetty the approach you suggested is not possible in Next-Gen project I suppose, while adding an issue type it is not asking whether to add as Standard Issue Type or Sub-Task Issue Type.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events