I'd like to filter issues by kanban board state, and view the kanban state when viewing a issue

Chris Drumgoole April 18, 2022

We don't use sprints, so we have a simple kanban board with several stages. We're on a team managed project.

I'd like to be able to:

1. From the Issues view (not Board), filter the list of issues whether they;re on the board or backlog (and add a column in the view)

2. When viewing an individual issue, quick add/remove the issue from the board

When we used to use sprints, this was easy, but now in kanban mode I can't see how to do this?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2022

Hello @Chris Drumgoole 

For Team Managed projects using a Kanban board, Jira Cloud does not currently support a way that you can filter an issue based on whether it is in the Backlog or on the Board. Here is the change request for adding that:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-20433

This attribute is not one that you can modify from the view of a single issue either, unfortunately.

And the Automation for Jira feature also doesn't support automatically moving issues from the Backlog to the Board, so you can't work around it by using statuses and automating a move based on status change. Here is the change request to have Automation support moving issues from Backlog to Board.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21481

Chris Drumgoole April 19, 2022

Thanks Trudy. It's unfortunate that this cannot be done, but thanks for the links to the change requests! I'll be sure to chime in!

0 votes
Sheri Maxim April 19, 2022

Hi Chris - can you use the Backlog view to accomplish this? It should show you the issues on the board on top and backlog under it. From there you can drag to/from the board.

Chris Drumgoole April 19, 2022

Hi, yes it works in backlog but i want to be able to use JQL or other filtering from the issues view, and to see when looking at an individual issue whether it's on the board or not (like you can with sprints if you were using sprints)

Suggest an answer