I can not find Issues after assigning them to an epic in VSCode extention

hptavakoli July 21, 2020

When I create an issue in Jira, I can find it simply in VS Code extension, but after assigning these issues to the Epics, I can not find them there.

So, it is really bad, because I want to create a branch and work on the issue from vs code instead of working directly on the epics, that doesn't make sense at all!

Annotation 2020-07-21 220421.jpg

Maybe I don't know how to handle it, but after lots of searches on the internet, I am asking it here with the hope to find a solution.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2020

Hello, welcome to the Community!

The "My <yoursite> Issues" filter that comes default with the extension uses the following JQL filter:

assignee = currentUser() AND resolution = Unresolved ORDER BY lastViewed DESC

So, there's two criteria you can check on the issues!

• After linking the issues to an epic, are you still the Assignee on the issue in Jira?
  • Do the issues still show they're in the same status (e.g. haven't transitioned to Done) and don't have something set in the Resolution field?

Another step you could take is to create a new filter in VS Code that shows more issues:

1. Click the Configure filters... link at the bottom of the Jira Issues panel
  2. Hover over the blue circular "+" icon 
  3. Click the "Add JQL" option
    image.png
  4. Create a new filter to your liking - for debugging to prove that the issues do appear in VS Code you could just try pulling all issues from the project:
    project IN (JS)

One more possible thing you could do (although I don't believe this to be an issue from your screenshot) is to disable the "Group issues by epic" option in the extensions setting. With this option enabled, you should see a little > arrow next to epics that you can expand/collapse:

image.png

Hope that helps a bit!

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS