How to use email templates with new automation send mail

Bruce_Talbot January 19, 2021

Hi,

With the change from legacy automation to the new automation I cant see how to use  an email template to send an email. We set these up to ensure consistent formatting of all emails and just enter the content in the automation.

When using the legacy automation the email template set up in Customer notifications is used (this includes content and CSS formatting. However when I set up a new automation to send an email this template isn't used.

Instead the emails seem to get some mime formatting surrounding the email content and html tags (eg <br />) included in the email. I have set the emails to send as HTML and enabled convert line breaks to HTML line breaks.

Is a template maintained somewhere else or am I missing something to use the template?

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user February 10, 2021

We need this option too! We are an international company and need Customer notifications in the different languages.

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

@Bruce_Talbot, I'm not seeing any options for that.  If you want, you can raise a suggestion with Atlassian! I would upvote it if you did!

Thanks,

Kian

Bruce_Talbot January 19, 2021

@Kian Stack - Thanks for the quick response. I have raised JSWCLOUD-21169 

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

@Bruce_Talbot, I went and upvoted it. That's a feature I'd like to see as well!

Thanks,

Kian

Like Bruce_Talbot likes this
Jeffrey Bistrong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2021

thanks for this, i have upvoted it, i think my company is eventually moving away from jira service management for our external communications due to the lack of external friendly options such as this, but i hope this gets picked up as it would be super valueble

Like Bruce_Talbot likes this

Suggest an answer