How to stop the clock for a specific ticket status apart from on hold

Santhosh R June 10, 2021

Hi JIRA Experts,

Can someone please advise how to stop the clock for a specific ticket status apart from on hold? For eg: I have a ticket status called 'Ready for Promotion' which is basically we update after the fix is ready to be promoted to the production. Hence I don't want SLA to be calculated when the ticket status is updated as 'Ready for Promotion'. Please advise

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2021

Hi @Santhosh R 

In your SLA settings, you can add a condition to either the 'Pause SLA' or 'Stop SLA' sections to pause or complete the SLA when the task enters the status. SLAs.PNG

Paul Min October 2, 2023

Yes, but I have a different problem. How do you pause the clock over weekends. E.g. there was a ticket created by customer on Saturday and when I look at the ticket SLA box it says the time has past Critical, High and Medium (2h, 4h, 24h respectively). I thought my SLA being set to Sample 9-5 would allow for the time to stop so that the timer would start on the Monday from 9?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Suggest an answer