How to link issue to epic when creating the issue.

Brandon Burgess July 23, 2021

How do you add an epic to the issue when creating the issue for a next gen project? I used to have the Epic Link field in my old project, but it doesn't look like it is available now. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2021

Hi @Brandon Burgess ,

If you are using backlog, you can enable the epic panel. Then just drag and drop your issue to which Epic you want to link to. Also, you can create new Epic straight from the panel board.

Hope this helps.

Brandon Burgess July 26, 2021

Thank you for your reply. Let me clarify what I am looking for. When I am creating a story, I want to be able to link to the epic without having to save the story, and then drag it to the epic. Previously, there was an Epic Link Field that would allow me to accomplish this when creating a story. That doesn't appear to be an option anymore. 

Like Chris likes this
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2021

Hi Brandon,

You welcome. I see. I haven't seen this option in the team-managed-projects. However, I am able to do this with company-managed projects. 

Thanks,

Ben

Chris April 30, 2022

Update:  4/30/2022 and this feature has still not been added, as far as I can see.  This seems like a day one feature for creating issues. Why is it still missing?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events