How to copy my customize issue type to another next-gen project

ikeli October 31, 2019

Hi,

I add one new issue type in project setting,and I want use that in another project,how can I copy that new issue type to new project?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2019

Hello @ikeli ,

Share next-gen project configurations and workflows Coming in 2020.

For teams that want to share next-gen project configurations and best practices, you’ll be able to copy a project, including custom issue types and workflows. Projects will continue to remain independent after you copy them. This will be particularly helpful for teams that want to share next-gen best practices across teams.

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/whats-new/next-gen#result-3d7aca64

2 votes
Max McDaniel June 4, 2020

Adding a +1 to the questions over clarification on timeline. 

I also don't think the accepted answer is actually relevant to the use case, unless I'm misreading. We maintain 40+ next gen projects and routinely have to roll out a new org-wide issue type manually across all of these projects, which is heinously manual. It sounds like the feature in the works is more designed to clone a project to create a new one. Is that not correct?

2 votes
Andrew Walker March 24, 2020

@Ollie Guan 

Is there any update on the timeline for this feature?

This would be really helpful for our team!

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2020

No new progress, still waiting for release.

TIM截图20200325090059.png

Like Thomas Brown likes this
Johnny Lombardo May 11, 2020

Hi @Ollie Guan ,

That is very broad timeline "coming in 2020".

Can you share a little bit more details?

Like Christian Giroux likes this

Suggest an answer