How to change the order of tasks?

Geza Kukoda November 28, 2019

I have setup a new epic for a project. This is a linear project so the issues should be solved by a certain order.

Unfortunately on the Roadmap view if I open the epic the issues are ordered from newest to oldest. Is there a way to change this?

3 answers

0 votes
Hugo July 15, 2020

You can change the order of the issues by selecting the epic and dragging/dropping the sub items in the right panel.

It is also possible to reorder the issues in the backlog (you can also show all the epics and filter by them when selecting "Epic Panel" in the "Epic" filter).

0 votes
Hugo July 9, 2020

In Next-Gen project, you can change the order of task within Epics by navigating to your Backlog, there you can rearrange tickets between them by drag and drop, it will be reflected in the roadmap view.

0 votes
Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2019

Hello,

what type of project do you create?

Best regards.

Hey Juan,

It is a next-gen/software-project, i think i was using the scrum template.

Best,

Geza

Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2019

What do you need exactly,

see order the issues in the backlog depend on epic?

see order the issues in the sprint depend on epic?

Best regards.

I am on the Roadmap (no sprint or backlog). I click on the epic and it opens on the right side. Here i have this compact view of the ticket and I can add tasks to it. On this view the task list is ordered from newest to oldest and I cannot find a way to change this order.

Deleted user November 28, 2019

Can I see a picture?

Best regards.

Screenshot 2019-11-28 at 11.12.15.png

Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2019

Hello again,

thanks for the picture.

I can not help you. I don't have this option in my JIRA.

Best regards.

Thanks for your effort anyways.

btw why did you post from 2 accounts?

@Juan José Marchal Gómez 

@[deleted] 

Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2019

An error of browser caché ;) but I'm both of them...

RoadMap it's free o should be paid? it is a cloud solution or on demand?

Geza Kukoda December 2, 2019

I am on cloud. This is basically an extra feature you can turn on for the next-gen projects.

Screenshot 2019-12-02 at 13.57.33.png

Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2019

Thanks

Suggest an answer