How to assign multiple columns to done status in next-gen project?

Tushar Sahoo June 17, 2019

Currently only when an issue is moved to the last column on the board it is considered as Done. In my project, multiple columns can be considered as Done. Therefore, is it possible to assign multiple columns to Done status?

4 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2019

On non-next-gen boards you can put multiple status into the last column, so you can get close. 

Next-gen columns currently follow status 1:1 though (the status is subservient to columns), and I don't believe that will change.  I doubt we will Atlassian move to more than one "done" column in Next-gen

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2019

Yes, indeed having multiple workflow statuses in the done column is a benefit in Jira but personally I avoid that configuration because once that configuration is implemented then the next thing user's request is again something not yet implemented.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-3573

But having the multiple statuses in done column does help in burning down the point if the team means "done" in Integration env. and all the statuses that follow the integration env are also mapped to done column. 

Like Arfian Agus likes this
Andreas Köhler August 27, 2020

i would like to track "done" vs "stopped". "stopped" is not done to me as it does not require the quality verification of a "done" put is also not requiring ressources "in progress". I would not mingle this with issues of user requests as this is a different topic that should be adressed separatedly (otherwise it pops up in every technical discussion).

0 votes
Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2020

This is frustrating. I need an "Abandoned" column and I want it to be "done" so that they don't sit there forever.

0 votes
YassineTracktor September 28, 2020

Important feature indeed, once again, disappointed by the Next Gen limited features

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 18, 2019

Hello @Tushar Sahoo 

What you require is currently not possible, here's an open ticket about it

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-12169

Allow multiple "Not Started" (Blue) and "Done" (Green) columns

Tushar Sahoo June 18, 2019

Arrgh. I hope someone from Atlassian team looks into this because I have multiple statuses in my project in which the issue is considered as done. For example, 

1. Verified on Production

2. Archived

3. Verified on UAT

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 18, 2019

Hello @Tushar Sahoo 

Then the only way is to map all the mentioned statuses in the "done" column but in that case users will not be able to transition issues between these statuses on the board. Hence as suggested by Nic already you can map multiple statuses in the same done column but currently you can't mark different column to be equivalent to "Done"(green status) on the Jira board.

Andreas Köhler August 27, 2020

That's a clear showstopper for me on next-gen projects.

Hitesh.Jamb@apa.com.au August 30, 2020

agree, this is an important feature.

Scenario : You have a ticket that is rejected/cancelled, so that is the final state. (Complete), leaving it in not done always shows the tickets in the backlog. :-(

Suggest an answer