How do you add fields into the Form

Rob Peterson November 11, 2021

I have a Business Project that I want to create a Form within.  Inside the project, the "Create Issue" scheme that is used has relevant information that would be completed by the user, such as Labels and Parent Link (default issue creation is sub-task).

When I am within the project Form, on the right-side panel, Labels is not available to be selected.  Where does this list originate from?  I can understand the "Issue Type" not being displayed as it would make sense the form would push the "Default Issue Type" from the Project Settings.  But the others?

2021-11-11_112635.png

2 answers

1 vote
Support Team [Clearvision]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2021

Hi Rob,

Good question, I've run some tests and it seems that even though you have 'sub-task' as the default issue type, Forms won't use this, in my case it would create a 'Task' and use the Task Create Issue screen instead. You can click 'Preview' and then submit a form to check what Issue Type it is created as.

It supports other issue types, I tried using Bug as the default issue type which it used as expected. Just seems it doesn't use sub-task. I can't see this mentioned in the forms information:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/manage-your-form-fields/

Hope that helps

Rob Peterson November 15, 2021

Yeah, I think it's a bug! :) Not sure how that gets reported... 

In the interim, I was wondering if there was a way to see how an issue was created; if so, I could write an automation rule to reclassify the task as a sub-task but there still wouldn't be a way to know where it should be a sub-task of ... hmpf.

0 votes
Karolina Wons_SaaSJet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2021

Hello @Rob Peterson 

As an alternative, you can try Forms for Jira developed by my SaaSJet team. It helps to create forms using a wide list of fields. Just fill the form with the custom data, save and export.

form.png

If you need any additional info, please, ask me.

Hope, you find it helpful. Regards, Karolina

Rob Peterson December 22, 2021

Suggest an answer