How do customers access Customer Portal with SSO enabled?

Harry Bob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2020

Hey everyone,

We just implemented SSO on our test JSD for say hello.com email address. I have enabled the options so that customers can sign up and create their own accounts. But my test user isn't able to log onto the Customer Portal. My test user is using a different domain. A hotmail.com account.

Can my hotmail.com account still log onto Customer Portal to log requests even though my SSO is for hello.com?

Or is it that once SSO is enabled only users with the email address that ends with hello.com can log on?

Do I have need to give this person application access to JSD?

These are the settings I have

SSO: hello.com (example)

Project: Next-Gen

Project Settings: Open

Snip20200122_175.png

1 answer

0 votes
Harry Bob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2020

Ok, so I've been playing around with it and from what I can see looks like you can indeed log in with a different external address even with SSO enabled.

When I use the same link to log in I get redirected to the Customer Portal

Suggest an answer