How do I get a next-gen Epic to base progress on Story Points rather than number of tasks complete?

I am creating child issues against an Epic, but the % progress is being based on the number of issues and not the story points noted against them. I came across a user guide on changing the estimating settings but this feature doesn't seem to be available (I created the project / am an administrator).

Also, is there a way for the Epic to automatically update its story points based on the child issues points? 

2 answers

0 votes
Rhys Diab _Agile Docs_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 5, 2019

Hi Sarah,

I created a plugin called Agile Docs which solves this problem. It gives you a progress bar based on the % of story points completed within the Epic.

It also shows the Epic story point total by automatically summing up the story points in it's children.

agile-docs-progress-report.png

Also gives a tree view of all the issues in your project and lets you interact with it like a google doc.

Hope that helps!

Rhys

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2019

Hello sarah.shearer@akersolutions.com 

Currently, it's not supported in next-gen projects, please see this ticket

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17275

"Display sum of children issues story points for an Epic"

Hence, aggregating the story points at epic level is the first step of the requirement mention by you which is calculating done percentage in terms of story points burned.

Thanks for your quick reply. That's so annoying! Have voted for it on the ticket.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events