How can we start receiving email notifications when tickets are updated?

samantha.labat February 13, 2020

A couple of weeks ago some members of our team stopped receiving email notifications.

We've verified that everyone's settings are the same as shown in the screenshot attached and have checked spam folders.

This seems to be affecting 3/6 people on the team and is not consistent.

For example, one team member is still receiving emails, another is not receiving any at all, and personally I am receiving emails for some tickets that I am watching but not others.

For those of us that are not receiving emails, we do get a notification within JIRA when we are tagged in a comment but do not receive the accompanying email and do not see an option to get the JIRA notification if a ticket is moved or commented on without a tag.

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 2.08.07 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2020

Hello @samantha.labat ,

Thanks for reaching out, and In the Next-Gen projects the mail configurations are not currently customizable and and send the notifications based on the activity items you noted in your screenshot, that an end user can opt out of with the overall goal being to reduce the number of notifications to users which was a previous highly voted on feature request and and designed around widely discussed feedback point from end users interviews to reduce the email footprint and simplify the settings and the feature is discussed more in this blog post:

• You’re watching the issue
  • You’re the reporter
  • You're the assignee for the issue
  • Someone mentions you

However as you are running into there are still some improvements needed here and the following Feature Request was create by our product management team and is in place to collect more details on improvement suggestions, and has a link to sign up for a Beta program to get early access to some of the improvements we are currently working on to extend the notification customization options in next-gen that I recomend checking out:

There is an additional related Feature request to this as well, and I would ask that you add a vote to both the one listed above and the following to track you interest in implementation of these new features for next-gen as covered in the "Implementation of New Features Policy" :

Regards,
Earl

samantha.labat February 14, 2020

Thanks for the information @Earl McCutcheon , but we are not looking to customize the mail configurations, we just want to reinstate the ones that are already in place.

We have watchers, reporters, and assignees that are not receiving any notification at all, even though their settings are set to receive them. 

Suggest an answer