How can I create a pop up message when the story is marked as DONE in a next-gen project?

Yaitza_Luna-Cruz May 18, 2020

Basically I need to remind my team to add another field after they complete the story. A pop up text message. 

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2020

Hello @Yaitza_Luna-Cruz

Thank you for reaching out.

Jira has the functionality to set a field as required in an issue, so if the user keeps that field empty, a pop-up is prompted to fill that specific field before the issue is transitioned.

Unfortunately, that functionality was not implemented for Next-gen yet, although we have created a feature request to implement it:

As a user, I want to have the ability to customize required fields in Next-gen Projects 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

That being said, I can think of two possible workarounds to properly notify your users to fill the field  when they resolve an issue:

1. Use an Automation rule to send an e-mail notification to your user if the field was not filled:
    • Navigate to your project > project settings > Apps > Create the following rule, replacing the "Number field" with the field you want to notify:
      Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 22.44.44.png
  2. Migrate your issues to a Classic project, where you can make a field required as described in this documentation.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events