Getting markdown from new description editor

jan_hrboticky April 21, 2022

Hello, 

is somehow possibleto get markdown code from the new description editor?

I´ve created styled description using WYSIWYG (using headings, tables, alerts, colors, ...) and I would like to get markdown code from it. We have automatization that create task whenever the release is created, this automatization takes only markdown as input for description, therefore I need to get it from this WYSIWYG.

Using older description WYSIWYG, there was an option to toggle between WYSIWYG and markdown. I´ve tried to export that task but there was a final HTML I dont really want.

Is there still any possibility to do this in JIRA Cloud? For example is there any reachable old editor where I could copy paste and toggle the view to markdown?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Łukasz Modzelewski _TTPSC_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 21, 2022

Interesting, I couldn't find it either, I've even checked comments (which also accepts markdown syntax but change it on the fly) and old issue view (seems like it tricked me).

In the markdown documentation I found statement: 

You can copy raw markdown into the Atlassian editor but you can't convert content from it into raw markdown.

On the other hand in our app The Scheduler, markdown is the default text editor and description of existing issue can be viewed in markdown form, example: 

markdown renderer.png

Probably there are some text renderer apps which do mainly this feature

jan_hrboticky April 21, 2022

I´ve recently found a way how to get the markdown from that. 

The only thing thats needed is to add ?oldIssueView=true param to the ticket name (for exmaple https://myCompany.atlassian.net/browse/PROJECT-11111?oldIssueView=true).

Then you´ll see the old ticket detail with old editor which has ability to convert issue description into markdown on edit.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer