Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Force Ranking New Tickets at Bottom of Backlog with Jira Automation?

Hi all!

Question:

Is there a way to configure Jira automation to force rank/send new jira issues to the bottom of the product backlog?

Context:

I have a team where the product owner is using the Backlog to manually force rank priority on Jira issues.

Our team is empowered to create new jira issues for the backlog.   However, we're finding that sometimes when they create new jira issues they are appearing towards the top of the product backlog and throwing things off a bit.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Jack Arndt 

I do not believe this is in out-of-the-box automation for Jira (A4J) yet as there are a couple of open suggestions to add it.  If you look over this thread you will some explanations of trying this using a webrequest to call the REST API from an automation rule:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/With-the-Automation-plugin-is-there-a-way-to-set-the-rank-of-an/qaq-p/1087874

Best regards,
Bill

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Team-managed projects

Find issues faster in your team-managed board and backlog

Hi Jira Community! I’m Mark, a product manager working on Jira Software. Today, I’m happy to announce that we’re launching custom filters for team-managed projects. If you’ve used the quick filters...

3,965 views 23 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you