Find issues in many Epics with next-gen project and 'issuesInEpics' function not working

John.Hankes July 12, 2022

Hello, having a difficult time finding stories and tasks across multiple Epics. The next-gen project function of 'issuesInEpics' is not working. I have approximately 100 Epics to search and find child stories and tasks. 

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2022

Hello @John.Hankes 

I don't believe that "issuesInEpics" is a native Jira Cloud function. From which app have you gotten that function?

Company Managed projects and Team Managed projects originally kept track of an issue's parent Epic in different ways. The Company Managed project issues would keep track of the parent Epic in the child issue's "Epic Link" field, while the Team Managed project issues would keep track of the parent Epic in the child issue's "Parent" field.

It is possible that the app vendor that has provided the issuesInEpics function has designed it to look only in the Epic Link field for information.

I advise you to contact the support team for the vendor of that app to get additional information.

Suggest an answer