Features with no epics

Neil Armstrong July 12, 2022

Is there a way to get the count of child issues of a Feature?

We want to find all the features with no epics.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2022

Hi @Neil Armstrong -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Short answer: not with out-of-the-box Jira Cloud features

Longer answer/work-arounds: 

Jira's JQL is not a SQL, and so does not have such features.  And the reporting does not easily do this type of analysis: essentially looking for the absence of information (i.e. no epics).

What you can try depends upon how often you need this and your willingness to purchase addon products...

• need this often and can purchase addons: there are marketplace addons to enhance JQL queries and scripting to support such things
  • need this one time: export your issues to a spreadsheet to perform the analysis
  • need this more frequently, and cannot purchase addons: you could add a custom field and update it with an automation rule to count the child issues.  Once that field is set querying with JQL would work for reporting.

Kind regards,
Bill

Neil Armstrong July 15, 2022

Thanks @Bill Sheboy ! Do you have a recommended addons that can accomplish this? Thanks again

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2022

Sorry, I do not...we are not using any such reporting addons now other than some dashboard gadgets, and those would not see "there is no data for this feature".

My suggestion would be to look as some of the free (or free to trial) addons to see what generates reports matching what you want: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/

Suggest an answer