Exporting information / Running Reports

Ben Martindale January 21, 2019

Is there a way to export any information from a next gen project to either a PDF, excel, etc? I want to be able to provide customers and other management updates on where things stand, but the only way I can do that currently is by granting them Jira access with access to the project which is something I can't always do nor do I want to do. I would also love to be able to export the backlog so I can provide that to product owners for easy feedback. I should be able to export a sprint board as well. This is a huge GAP from my perspective and it hurts badly when it comes to reporting.

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2019

Hello Ben,

Unfortunately, you are correct to say that JIRA does not have a functionality to export entire reports, however, you can perform CSV export (Excel) of JIRA issues based on JQL filter queries, ordering it by rank and exporting it just like your backlog view.

Also, you can export the status field with the issues and configure your CSV file to display it column based, so you would have the same issues as in a Sprint View.

To export the issues to a CSV, you can perform the steps below:

- Click to search for issues > View all issues

- Type in the filter what issues you would like to return and, using the detail view, select the columns (fields) you would like to return in the export

- Click on the download icon > Export Excel CSV (Current fields)

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 19.37.00.png

Let me know if this option helped you to achieve your need.

2 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 28, 2019

Hi @Ben Martindale and everyone interested in exporting from Jira Cloud to PDF:

I'm happy to let you know that Better PDF Exporter for Jira Cloud has just launched in Closed Beta! This is already packed with many useful templates to create simple issue exports or complex reports in PDF. See this example for a single issue PDF export combined with a Time in Status report:

jira-issue-time-by-status-report.png

0 votes
Lisa Blackford October 4, 2020

I am working on learning the way around JIRA. If you can tell me how to run a report with very specific instructions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events