Exporting Filter to Excel Results in Blank Columns

Meredith Hogarth January 25, 2021

Hello, 

We are running into an issue when exporting a filter to Excel.  Some of the columns are showing up as blank or are missing data.  All the data is displayed correctly in the filter in the JIRA UI but when exporting to Excel the data is missing in the export. Sometimes the whole column, other times it is only missing on some rows.  It only seems to happen with custom fields.  

We are on Jira Cloud with all Next-Gen boards.  Any help is appreciated. Thanks! 

2 answers

1 vote
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

Hi @Meredith Hogarth 

Just tested it and it looks find. I could see custom field for both classic and next-gen. How are you exporting it? All you clicking on export and selecting export excel current fields. Possibly share you export steps and filter used.

0 votes
Carol Downhour May 7, 2021

I am having the same issue with exporting blank fields  - so I filtered on 2 issues - each with Blocked Stories in the UI and they are both visable in the advanced search screen  - but when I export only one issue has those fields is filled in??

Meredith Hogarth May 7, 2021

I haven't found a solution to this yet.  I believe it is because it cannot combine custom fields across different boards even though it does combine them on the screen. 

My current workaround is to export to CSV (instead of Excel) and then in the CSV file in Excel I use Excel equations to combine the fields.  I create a new column and use CONCAT to combine the fields and then hide the extra columns.  It's a bit tedious but it works.  

Carol Downhour May 7, 2021

thanks for your suggestion - I have been exporting the issues as csv (opened as both xlsx and Notepad  - both do not contain values for that field for the one issue, but do for the other...) - that appears to be the only format that has that field blank for the one Issue - when I export in html and Word, the fields are complete and it lists the Linked Issues 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events