Connection lost error when creating a service desk project

Cody Robson March 3, 2020

I seem to be getting a 'Connection lost' error when I try to created a new Jira Service Desk next-gen project. The project fails to be created. 

Not sure what troubleshooting steps I can take to solve the problem, so any ideas are appreciated. 

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2020

Hello Cody,

Thank you for reaching out.

The error you are facing is usually displayed when you don't have the global permission to create Next-gen Projects on your site. These would be the steps to properly set those permissions to you:

- Logged as a site-admin, navigate to Jira Settings > System > Global Permissions 

- Add any group containing your user to the Create Next-gen Projects permission

P.S: All the users in the group you added will be able to create SD Next-gen projects

We have a bug reported to display this information instead of that generic error when trying to create SD Next-gen projects:

Connection lost error when trying to create SD Next-gen Projects without global permission 

Additionally, we have another bug with Jira Application where that same global permission is not applied to Software Next-gen Projects:

Create next-gen project permission is not working 

Feel free to vote and watch the bugs to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events