Complete sprint shows 0 completed issues

James Orola December 15, 2019

I have only the default 3 columns and 3 statuses: TODO, IN PROGRESS, DONE

There are 2 issues in TODO, 4 in IN PROGRESS and the rest is in DONE which is also the last column in the sprint board. However when I try to complete the sprint it is always showing me 0 completed issues and that I need to move all issues into the next sprint or backlog. Obviously this is not true because there are 20+ issues already in DONE column / status.

Note that we have also enabled story points but not logging any work done. It was only to aid us in estimating the tasks to be added in the sprint. I have already tried removing the value for one of the DONE tasks but it didn't made a difference.

Now at lost on how to fix this issue. I have read from other questions that the basic reason is the matching the done status with the last column in the board, but this is already the case for us. There also doesn't seem to be a way to customize the workflow in a next-gen project so we should not run into status mapping issue. Anything else I am missing here?

1 answer

1 accepted

11 votes
Answer accepted
Subhendu Chattopadhyay December 15, 2019

Are you using next gen? 

If you are using classic check the issue is resolved (by checking resolution field). 

For next gen project do you have subtask under the stories?

For Nextgen, ensure done  is your last column. You can try moving the done item back to in progress and then again move them back to done.

You can try moving the done item back to in progress and then again move them back to done

This is what works for me. Finally, phew!

I think what happens is because before I have four columns but the last one is not used so I deleted it. All the done tasks ended up in the 3rd column and I just assumed it will work. But it turns out I have to update each one of them, that is by dragging them back to in progress and then to done.

Thanks @Subhendu Chattopadhyay !

Like # people like this
Subhendu Chattopadhyay December 15, 2019

Yup! That is exactly what happened. Glad that it helped you.

I must say that yours is truly a prompt answer, wasn't expecting someone to comment that fast. Glad to know that Atlassian has a great community! Thanks again for helping out :)

Shanky Chaudhary August 26, 2022

Dragging also not working in my system

Shanky Chaudhary August 26, 2022

Same response 0 completed issues

SJ September 29, 2022

weird that the last column must be Done or complete sprint doesn't work properly.  I swapped Canceled and Done places and complete sprint works now.

Thanks for posting this!

Like # people like this
Flaminio Pagliuca
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 6, 2024

Same experience, I had to put the "Done" column as last column to let the sprint understand the tickets were completed.

I think it's a sort of bug because the status of the tickets were already "Completed". I preferred to have the Cancelled ones in the last column.

Like # people like this
Nisha Kanbi March 5, 2024

Same experience for me, put 'Done' as the last column on the board. Best answer for me.

When you hit complete sprint (it now shows figures instead of 0)

Suggest an answer