Combine multiple roadmaps

John Chioffe February 5, 2019

Hello,

I just started to play with the next generation projects.  We particularly like the road map function.  There are two main issues I am trying to solve.

1.  My department is made up of multiple functions that all need to work together.  My boss is the VP and he would like to see a combined view of all our roadmaps together.  Is it possible to do this?  I was able to create a project in the past that used a filter to look at all projects I couldn't find this with the next gen.

2.  Aligned to my question above.  I thought about using the road map for a highlevel department and then duplicating the epics and tying them back to our regular projects.  I did notice you cannot link children to other projects but you can link issues.  While this is nice not sure this is the best method.  

2 answers

2 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2019

Hello John,

Both roadmaps and boards of Next-gen projects are configured based in a JQL filter, just like the classic projects.

Unfortunately, the difference between Classic and Next-gen project is that this JQL filter can be edited on Classic projects, but not in next-gen yet.

That been said, we have created a feature request to implement this functionality here:

Ability to configure board filters for next gen project

As you can see, the priority of this suggestion is been configured to Highest, but feel free to vote/watch the suggestion and also comment your feedback on it to give our developers more context on why our customers need this feature.

About your second question, you are correct to say that Epics cannot be linked to a story of a different project. It's the same logic of the Board functionality that is not available yet to be used cross-projects.

About this sentence:

While this is nice not sure this is the best method

I believe we would need more details on what features you are planning to use in order to say if it is a good practice or not. Could you please give us more information about it?

We will be waiting for your answer.

0 votes
Deleted user February 6, 2019

Not sure how it's impacted by the Next Gen projects, but Jira Portfolio may also be something to consider as a paid add-on.

Suggest an answer