Change DONE column to show tickets not released

joel_delane October 10, 2022

I was wondering if someone can help me change my DONE column to show tickets that haven't been released, this needs to be done by showing tickets not tagged with a release version. Currently as soon as the ticket is merged it disappears on the board 😢

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2022

Hello @joel_delane 

Welcome to the community.

Please confirm you are working with Jira Cloud and working with a Team Managed (not Company Managed) project.

You said "when the ticket is merged". What exactly do you mean by that? Have you integrated Jira with a source code tool and are you talking about merging of code that is linked to a Jira ticket?

Are you working with a Scrum board or a Kanban board?

joel_delane October 11, 2022

Hi @Trudy Claspill

I believe its Cloud. We have integrated with GitHub so when a ticket is merged it flows to the DONE column. But then disappears. I want it to stay until its tagged with a version number. We are running Kanban. 

Thanks.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2022

Hello @joel_delane 

Please look at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left and confirm that the project is a Team Managed project (vs. a Company Managed project).

Check your board configuration to see what statuses are mapped to your "DONE" column. Check the actual status of the issue to confirm it is set to one of those Status values. The issue must be set to a Status value that is mapped to that column in order to be displayed in that column.

joel_delane October 12, 2022

@Trudy Claspill its a company-managed project.

CLOSED tickets are mapped to done. I'm unsure how to check the other things you mentioned.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 12, 2022

To check the status of the issue, look at it.  The status is a system field which is almost always shown to you.

Like • Trudy Claspill likes this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 12, 2022

@joel_delane 

Just a note - you said that the project is Company Managed, but you have posted this question in the forum for Team Managed projects. For your next question concerning a Company Managed project you might want to post that in the Jira Software Questions forum, and mention that it is a Company Managed project.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/qa-p/jira-software-questions

For a Company Managed project the issues displayed on the board can be impacted by the Filter Query for the board, and for a Kanban board there is additionally a Sub-filter. These can be found by clicking on the ... button in the upper right corner of the board, selecting Board Settings, and then General.

Check those filters to see if they are excluding the issues in the Closed/done status.

A Kanban board automatically gets a sub-filter created to hide issues that have the Fix Version/s field set, and the value in the field is a Release/Version that has been Released. Check if that filter is present. Make sure it looks like the following. If it does not, show use what that sub-filter is for your board.

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 9.22.04 AM.png

I have seen posts in the communities where people have this filter and yet still issues that have no Fix Version/s or only unreleased Fix Version/s see their "done" issues hidden from the board. In those cases they have opted to delete the sub-filter and then the issues have displayed.

joel_delane October 14, 2022

Hi @Trudy Claspill i have sorted it. Basically updated the filter query for the Kanban board.

.... AND fixVersion is EMPTY 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events