Can't remove unwanted fields from form when linking through to 'Create Issue Type"

Pete Ross December 9, 2022

I've set up a new Team Managed Project and a specific issue type (based off the Epic, with some additional fields).

I want teams to be able to create this specific Issue Type directly from a Slack channel so I have pinned a link which opens a form where the user can complete all of the required fields and create a new Issue. I did this by creating a link that looks something like this: my.jira.com/secure/CreateIssue.jspa?issuetype=1&pid=10000

It loads the form but as expected, at the bottom it includes the unwanted fields in the attached image.Screenshot 2022-12-09 at 16.01.23.png

Is there anyway I can configure it, so it doesn't display these? It's just confusing for some users who are not as familiar with Jira.

If I just 'Create Issue' directly from the project it doesn't provide these options in the form/overlay that loads.

Strangely, the Status field drop-down (which I would like to include), only appears when I create Issue directly from the project, but not when I use the linked form.

Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2022

Hi @Pete Ross 

In Team Managed projects you don´t have options to customize screens by actions, like create edit, view. 

Thats why your create is showing all the fields. 

Status field options, Im not sure this is available for API / URL if any. 

Pete Ross February 2, 2023

Thank you Patricia. In the end I've just had to accept these unwanted fields.

Suggest an answer