Can I associate story points to an issue in a Next-Gen Board?

Mike Bansal October 3, 2018

Can somebody please advise?

1 answer

0 votes
Syauqi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2018

Hi Mike,

Do you mean the new issue viewer which popups when you clicked on the board view?

If it's the case, you can view the Story point on the right side of the column:

Screenshot 2018-10-05 at 3.02.13 PM.png 

Let me know if you are seeing this differently.

Feel free to visit this blog on the new issue viewer: The new Jira issue view.

Cheers, Syauqi

Mike Bansal October 5, 2018

Hi Syauqi,

I am using a Next-gen Scrum board for this Project and not the old Scrum board.

I know you can add points / time to a User Story on a Scrum Board, but I can't see where to add it to the Next-Gen Scrum Board.

My other question is:

Can I change an issue type, say from Task to Story, I can't see how to do this?

Syauqi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2018

Aha, apologies @Mike Bansal, I can see that you have commented on the Agility Board (Next Gen Board) Blog here: What's coming soon for next-gen projects in Jira Software Cloud.

Exchanging issues between classic board or changing issue type isn't available at the moment. Please do continue to comment for questions related to the Next Gen Board there as to directly get in touch with the developers.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any concerns.

Cheers, Syauqi

Eoin
Atlassian Team
October 14, 2018

@Mike Bansal we've rolled out story points to 50% of next-gen projects and we'll hit 100% over the next couple of days. You should have this very soon!

The change issue type is also something we are currently working on so shouldn't be too long either. "Moving" the issue is the way to do this now.

Deleted user May 19, 2019

@Eoin how do you "enable" story points in Next-Gen?

Like Bogdan Agica likes this
Deleted user June 23, 2019

You should be able to under Project Settings > Features

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events