Board created as Scrum when Kanban was selected at setup

Huia Parker October 31, 2019

I created a new Next-Gen project and selected the Kanban board template, however when I went through to the board that had been created it was the Scrum board (To Do, In Progress, Done).  It doesn't allow me to enable "days in column" metrics and I much of the other board management doesn't seem to be available.  How do I change my board from Scrum to Kanban with a Next-Gen project, and why do we not have the admin functionality we usually have with boards (I'm an administrator and board administrator).

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2019

Hi @Huia Parker

The boards are pretty similar and interchangeable in Next-Gen - to make changes to what components are available on your board:

• Select Project Settings (on left-hand menu) > Features
  • Toggle different components on-and-off - for example, sprints

^ As it is Next-Gen, the Kanban and Scrum templates come with the same base statuses to begin with, so the columns you have received are correct.

It is also limited on the board settings which haven't yet been released. A few basic releases have been made here (for example, viewing labels on board cards) - but the main bulk is tracked via this suggestion: JSWCLOUD-17331

You can also view what is coming up via the Public Roadmap

If you're looking for more expansive board settings and a differing Kanban template, you'll need to use classic projects.

Ste

Suggest an answer