BEST PM TOOLS

Nneka Ijeoma Ogbonna
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 20, 2022

What are the best tools for a great PM? I notice that there are so many tools. I know that Jira and Confluence are really good but which other ones can be used alongside those two to help with projects.

1 answer

1 vote
Hamza Chundrigar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2022

It really depends on your (company's) requirements and processes.

Disclaimer: Below is merely an example to give you an idea of how a company (like ours) ended up using different tools based on our use-cases/requirements. Your mileage may vary depending on what your requirements are.

For instance, we do have other tools outside of the Atlassian ecosystem that we integrate with Jira, Confluence, etc.  One example (out of many) is that we use Miro to do a lot of brainstorming, wireframing, mind-mapping, ERDs, and so on. We integrate Miro with Jira, so that we can turn some of these things into Jira issues/cards if needed. We treat Jira and Confluence as our central hub and these tools bolster the processes put in place.

We also use some Atlassian Apps to further enhance/streamline our process management.

• For complex project, portfolio, and program management we use BigPicture along with Jira.
  • There are some projects we've setup in Jira that we need for them to sync automatically depending on different conditions/critieria. For that we use Backbone Issue Sync.
  • To make Jira Administration more streamlined, we use Optimizer for Jira.
  • Etc.

Again, your organization may have completely different use-cases. You may end up using other tools integrated with Jira/Confluence. Or you may simply not even need other applications as both Jira and Confluence are fantastic tools in of themselves. Jira is extensively configurable. Both Jira and Confluence combined together is a powerhouse once you set it up according to your needs.

It's worth asking yourself what that process looks like or should be, and what tools can be used to support you in what you'd like to do.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events