All the issues are opened on the user that created the project, is there a way to change that?

Tal Levi February 25, 2019

All the issues are opened on the user that created the project, is there a way to change that?

I tried using the Rules Manager by creating a rule that sets the issue reporter as the assignee / or the current user rule, but it doesn't work.

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2019

Hi Tal,

Currently, it's not possible to choose a default assignee on next-gen projects. We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17498
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

For now, the default value is "Automatic" that will assign the issue to who created the project, so the user must select the "Unassigned" or pick a user as assignee.

Regards,
Angélica

Tal Levi February 28, 2019

Voted, thanks :) 

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Tal Levi April 22, 2020

I actually managed to change it via API in postman:

curl --location --request PUT '{{env}}/rest/api/3/project/{{projectKey}}' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--header 'Accept: application/json' \
--data-raw '{
"assigneeType": "UNASSIGNED",
"projectTypeKey": "software",
"key": "{{projectKey}}"
}'

Worked perfectly

0 votes
Addown Support April 19, 2020

Hi @Tal Levi,

You are right that rules are not a solution for this issue, but you can still solve it...

Besides voting and following JSWCLOUD-17498 (about default assignee) as @Angélica Luz correctly suggested, maybe you should also take a look at JSWCLOUD-17323 (about project lead). There is a lot more activity there, and the API solutions you'll find in the description can solve your issue too. You can really see how hard Atlassian's support team is working there, under a lot of pressure.

As for a complete solution inside Jira,
My team has an app just for that, called Classic Settings. It offers a straightforward solution for your issue. The app is free and here to serve the community, so please feel free to try it out and share your experience. We've been getting great reviews and our service-desk is always open.

No matter what solution you chose to use, I hope I helped!

Fabian Louis April 20, 2020

@Addown Support : Thank you so much, your addon is great! A shame that you have to solve Atliassian's issues - but thanks for doing it ;)

Like Addown Support likes this

Suggest an answer