[Agility project] Don't see new tasks in the board

Pavel Khandramay October 13, 2018

I use Agility project. If i create task using plus button at the bottom of column, i see new task. But if i create it using left side bar, i don't see it in the board, only in backlog menu.

What could be the problem?YB2 board   Agile board   JIRA (1).pngYB2 board   Agile board   JIRA.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2018

Hi @Pavel Khandramay This is not a problem.!

this is because when u create it from the Left Side "+" it creates an issue and defaults it to the Backlog.

But when you create an issue from the working board "+" the issues gets placed in the working board.!

If you want to have your created issue in the working board, go ahead and move it from the backlog.!

Pavel Khandramay October 15, 2018

Thank you for answer @Sudarshan

But if i change status, it don't appears in the board. It remains in backlog.

Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2018

Kindly move the issue to the required Board from backlog, and then you will find the change of status and any movement done.!

Refer: https://www.atlassian.com/agile/tutorials/sprints

Keep this thread posted if you got it.! :)

1 vote
Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2018

@Pavel Khandramay do yo think it makes more sense to always default to the view you are in or do you think it's better to have the choice of board or backlog?

Pavel Khandramay October 15, 2018

I think i have bug. Because after i create new task using left sidebar plus button, i can't see it any way in the board

Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2018

Hello @Pavel Khandramay

• if you create an issue using the Left sidebar "+" then the issue will appear in the Product backlog (this is default jira working)
  • If you want to see it in your board (sprint board) --> please add that created issue to the sprint.!

Refer: https://www.atlassian.com/agile/tutorials/sprints

Pavel Khandramay October 16, 2018

We don't enabled sprint in the project

Settings   JIRA.png

Pavel Khandramay October 18, 2018

@Sudarshan Can you help?

Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 21, 2018

@Pavel Khandramay 

• Can you try to enable sprints, reports and estimation? (Just to understand your working style)
  • If that is not possible from your side,
    • How do you work with Jira.?
    • What is the "Board" show.?
Pavel Khandramay October 23, 2018

@Sudarshan Ok, we just disabled backlog and issues appered.

We working using Kanban. And backlog we used only for tasks on hold.

Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2018

Oh ok.! is your problem solved.?

Pavel Khandramay October 23, 2018

Yes, thank you! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events