Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opsgenie to statuspage, unable to set impact

Darren_Burrows July 24, 2024

Hey all, 

we've started to use opsgenies statuspage integration, but something we've spotted is that irrespective of what tags are used or what priority the OG alert comes in as, the impact always shows as major. 

Documentation shows no way of adjusting this that I Can see also. 

I'm aware that statuspage defaults to Major for the impact when creating a new Incident via its manage area, is their anyway to change this or any tags that may. not be documented that we could use? 

Has anyone found a solution to this at all? 

It seems odd that you can send impact from statuspage to opsgenie, but not the other way around according to the docs. 

https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/integrate-opsgenie-with-statuspage/

1 answer

0 votes
Kevin Patterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2024

Hi @Darren_Burrows ,

Using the Outgoing rules in Opsgenie I do not believe it is possible to update the Impact field of the statuspage Incident. The statuspage API supports setting the impact so i'm not sure why this was overlooked in the Opsgenie Integration.

Are you using the Opsgenie standalone product or the Jira Service Management Team Operations Opsgenie features?  If you are using JSM you could use an send web request action in an automation rule to create the statuspage incident and set impact to your desired value.

If you are using the Opsgenie standalone product my best guess would be to look into setting up an Action Channel with statuspage being the rest endpoint. I don't recall how flexible actions are with regards to customizing the json payload, but i remember trying to do something similar a couple years ago and finding actions in opsgenie not very useful. 

Let us know if you figure out a workaround here as I'm sure others are also struggling with this integration.

Darren_Burrows July 25, 2024

Thanks @Kevin Patterson I had a feeling this may be the case. 

Time to see what I can try to get out of Opsgenie actions until we finally migrate to JSMO. 

If I crack it, ill be sure to share. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events