worklog timespent by user by issue JQL

Nestor Urquiza January 20, 2014

Hello,

Does it make sense to open a feature request to include the worklog details we get with /rest/api/latest/issue/59022/worklog when we actually use something like /rest/api/2/search?jql=createdDate > "2014/1/1"&expand=worklog ?

It would be great if JIRA REST API return more detailed information for all bugs contained in a JQL. The expand parameter works with custom fields but I can't figure how to expand the worklog. Getting the results of the JQL and iterating one issue at the tiem to get the worklog details is overkilling.

I know you can do this with paid plugins but such functionality I believe should be provided out of the box.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

- Nestor

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nestor Urquiza January 29, 2014

As explained in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-36716this is actually something already provided when using &fields=worklog, a different story is that I would like to have the full list of fields and expand available which I could not find so far. If anybody can share some light on that it would be great!

Thanks,

- Nestor

0 votes
James Rickards (Deloitte) July 18, 2017
0 votes
Nestor Urquiza January 23, 2014

I have created a JIRA issue for this https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-36716

0 votes
Aron Aizenstat January 22, 2014

BUMP! Should we open a feature request?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2014

Wherever REST is lacking and you've got an improvement for it, yes.

XUESHAN_ZHANG February 21, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Hi, sorry to bother you after ... 8 years? The reason why this happens is because I am trying to retrieve a jira report according to our own requirements, and I happen to meet the same question with @Nestor Urquiza .

Since this post is created 8 years ago and I did not find any more useful info on atlassian website. I am wondering if something like 'expand=worklog' is already available for search API (I am using jira-python).

1. From what I read from jira-python API doc, when using ```search_issues``` if ```field``` is as default, it should include all the parameters for field. (even though it seems that ```worklog``` is excluded from the fact.)

2. from all the information I found so far, I think until now 'worklog' should work for ```search_issue(..., field='worklog')``` but not available for ```search_issue(..., expand='worklog')```, right? just want to get your answer to double confirm this situation.)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2022

The REST API returns the worklog when you use the expand function.

I don't know what your jira-python is doing, I've never used it.

XUESHAN_ZHANG February 21, 2022

expand = worklog? @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  could you please attach the link you refer to?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2022

See the issue linked to in the original answers

Suggest an answer