Last week our Jira started occasionally creating issues that, after created, cannot be accessed by anyone. The issues show up in a search and appear perfectly normal. There is issue security applied, but the security is appropriate and the author (as well as myself and others) belong to the appropriate groups to access that security level. Other issues with the same security level are accessible. It almost appears random.
Once an issue is in this state, we cannot view it, edit it or perform any actions.
OK.. So I tracked this down and thought I'd share.
I have 2 projects, and had 2 issue security schemes. I also have a plugin that matches group membership of the reporter with issue security scheme security levels. Basically if you have a group (MyGroup) and a security level (#MyGroup) that match (the plugin requires the "#" to ensure an explicit match).
The problem arose by creating the same security level name in both schemes. What appears to have happened is that creating an issue caused a race condition whereby the issue was assigned a security level, but that security level could have been from either scheme. If the issue was assigned to the wrong scheme - the one for the other project - then the issue was rendered inaccessible.
My solution? Remove the security level from both schemes.
Thanks for the help.
Consider these points-
1. Is This random behavior of issue visibility within a certain project or within multiple projects. If multiple projects then consider checking that the same issue security scheme is applied to all those projects
2. Check if you have the browse project permissions roles for that project.
3. Double check whether the security level was actually applied on the issues. Note that there is an option to select None as the security level and in that case no restrictions are applied.
4. If the person does not have the 'Set Issue Security' permission then the default Security Level will be used. This may mean that the issue created is not visible to the person that created it
5. Double check that you are definitely in the group that is added as viewer for the security level. If still does not work consider removing the security level and applying it again using the atlassian documentation.
What happens when you try to access these issues? Do you get a permission error, or some other error? If you are certain that this is caused by your issue security scheme, you can try disabling it for the project, and see if the problem persists
Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs