user password stored in which table in jira 4.4.1?

fabby April 4, 2012

can anyone tell me user password stored in which table? not the database user and password.

the user stored in dbconfig.xml is for mysql database admin user(my jira's database type is mysql).

and i've known in table "cwd_user" stored all jira users ,but no password.

3 answers

1 vote
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2012
cwd_user stores the hashed password in attribute credential.there is no way to get the clear text password but you can recover passwords as described in http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Restoring+Passwords+To+Recover+Admin+User+Rights This is for confluence but should work for Jira as well
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2012
fabby April 4, 2012

thanks very much!

Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2012

if you consider the answer helpful please vote for or accept it :-)

0 votes
fabby April 4, 2012

it's jira 4.4.1

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2012

Which product?

Suggest an answer