user management

pooja kamble November 24, 2013

How to assign same email adrress to two or more users in jira.

Also User Management button is not available in my jira administrator account.

I am using jira 4.3

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2013

To give the same email address to two users, edit their accounts and set the email address. Your answer is pretty much in the question

On the user-management question, could you please re-read the answers you got the last four times you've asked this? The answers are there.

(Sorry if that appears rude. I don't intend it to be rude. Grumpy, I will admit to. It is annoying when you've already asked, had the answers, and you go and ask again showing that you are ignoring people who have tried to help you with it in the past)

that doesn't resolve my problem.

I think you doesn't understnd my question.

Let us consider one example:

I have an user sharpDev in jira having ID sharpdev@something.com

now thier are two employees whom I want to assing this emailid so that what ever the respective updates are in the related project they can get them automatically.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2013

So give them the same email address. This is not a problem.

However, it actually sounds like you want two people to share an email inbox (which is not quite what you've said in either your question or comment). This is nothing to do with Jira, you need to do it on the email server and arrange something with the human process. Jira sends mail to a mail address, that's it. Sharing an email box can be a bit of a pain though, and it makes a real mess if you share accounts in Jira, so I'd recommend thinking this through more carefully.

If you want two separate users to get notifications of updates, then think about how to include them on the issue. The most obvious way is to have them "watch" the issues they need to be notified about. Whatever you're trying to do though, look in the "notification scheme" to assess what Jira will send and to whom. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+a+Notification+Scheme

0 votes

Thanx

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 24, 2013

Mmm, deleting all your comments kind of make this question into nonsense. Please don't do that.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2013

as @Nic said you need to edit user profiles!!

check this doc to edit user details in jira 4.3

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA043/Managing+Users#ManagingUsers-ChangingaUser'sNameorEmailAddress

"User Management button is not available" in jira 4.3 this button not availble in jira 4.x it got changed in latest jira versions

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 24, 2013

There is no "under". As has been explained to you in other answers, a user has an email address. There is no "add a user under", a user is a single entity with a single email address.

If you want to have multiple people get emails when email is sent to a single address, then you need to do it as a mailing list or group. Which is done, as I said before, on your email server, not in Jira.

In that doc discription is for updating the email id of the sharpDev but I don't want to change that one I am only want to add new user under that main user or under that mail new mail id of the user.

Suggest an answer