these are our current versions of your products
JIRA 3.13.5 #360 ent
FISHEYE 2.1.3 (build-451 2010-01-11)
CRUCIBLE 2.1.3 (build-451 2010-01-11)
we need to upgrade to the latest versions
JIRA 5.1.3 / 20 August 2012
CONFLUENCE 4.2.8 / July 9, 2012
FISHEYE 2.7.13 / May 18, 2012
CRUCIBLE 2.7.13 / May 18, 2012
here is the step-up plan for our upgrade
* upgrade CONFLUENCE 3.1.1 -> 4.0
* upgrade CONFLUENCE 4.0 -> 4.2.8
* upgrade JIRA 3.13.5 -> 4.0
* upgrade JIRA 4.0 -> 5.0
* upgrade JIRA 5.0 -> 5.1.3
* upgrade FISHEY & CRUCIBLE 2.1.3 -> 2.7.13
I am working and collecting all the upgrade documents related to these upgrades
could you please quickly comment whether all the inbetween-steps are required for the successful upgrade ?
eventually point out to documentation that deals with the these kinds od upgrades from very old versions
Do you have LDap/Crowd or custom plugins installed on JIRA 3.13.5? If you don't have LDap/Crowd you can migrate straight from JIRA 3.13.5 to JIRA 5.1.3. The steps are:
- Export a XML backup from your current JIRA 3.13.5;
- Stop JIRA 3.13.5;
- Copy the current <JIRA_HOME> directory to *another* directory;
- Create a new database for JIRA 5.1.3;
- Download JIRA 5.1 standalone, un-compress it on some directory and run the config.sh tool (or config.bat if you are going to set up JIRA on Windows);
- Point the <JIRA_HOME> for wherever you have copied the JIRA 3.13.5 home, and
- Start the JIRA 5.1 installer (under <JIRA_INST>/bin/startup.sh or <JIRA_INST>/bin/startup.bat);
- On the browser, access JIRA 5.1.3 installer on http://localhost:8080;
- Set the JIRA's database to the new database (that you just created);
- On the next screen, choose "Import XML Data" and select the backup from JIRA 3.13.5;
- Wait until JIRA have finished to importing the file;
- After that, login on JIRA and upgrade your plugins.
Hence, if you do have a Crowd/LDap directory on your JIRA instance, you'll need to copy the "seraph-config.xml" and "osuser.xml" files (on atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes) from JIRA 3.13.5 just after importing the data on JIRA 5.1.3 -- otherwise you won't be able to login. This documentation will help you on this matter.
I don't know much about Confluence, but I believe that you will need to upgrade from Confluence 3.1 -> Confluence 3.5.16 -> Confluence 4.2.8.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot