these are our current versions of your products
JIRA 3.13.5 #360 ent
FISHEYE 2.1.3 (build-451 2010-01-11)
CRUCIBLE 2.1.3 (build-451 2010-01-11)
we need to upgrade to the latest versions
JIRA 5.1.3 / 20 August 2012
CONFLUENCE 4.2.8 / July 9, 2012
FISHEYE 2.7.13 / May 18, 2012
CRUCIBLE 2.7.13 / May 18, 2012
here is the step-up plan for our upgrade
* upgrade CONFLUENCE 3.1.1 -> 4.0
* upgrade CONFLUENCE 4.0 -> 4.2.8
* upgrade JIRA 3.13.5 -> 4.0
* upgrade JIRA 4.0 -> 5.0
* upgrade JIRA 5.0 -> 5.1.3
* upgrade FISHEY & CRUCIBLE 2.1.3 -> 2.7.13
I am working and collecting all the upgrade documents related to these upgrades
could you please quickly comment whether all the inbetween-steps are required for the successful upgrade ?
eventually point out to documentation that deals with the these kinds od upgrades from very old versions
Do you have LDap/Crowd or custom plugins installed on JIRA 3.13.5? If you don't have LDap/Crowd you can migrate straight from JIRA 3.13.5 to JIRA 5.1.3. The steps are:
- Export a XML backup from your current JIRA 3.13.5;
- Stop JIRA 3.13.5;
- Copy the current <JIRA_HOME> directory to *another* directory;
- Create a new database for JIRA 5.1.3;
- Download JIRA 5.1 standalone, un-compress it on some directory and run the config.sh tool (or config.bat if you are going to set up JIRA on Windows);
- Point the <JIRA_HOME> for wherever you have copied the JIRA 3.13.5 home, and
- Start the JIRA 5.1 installer (under <JIRA_INST>/bin/startup.sh or <JIRA_INST>/bin/startup.bat);
- On the browser, access JIRA 5.1.3 installer on http://localhost:8080;
- Set the JIRA's database to the new database (that you just created);
- On the next screen, choose "Import XML Data" and select the backup from JIRA 3.13.5;
- Wait until JIRA have finished to importing the file;
- After that, login on JIRA and upgrade your plugins.
Hence, if you do have a Crowd/LDap directory on your JIRA instance, you'll need to copy the "seraph-config.xml" and "osuser.xml" files (on atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes) from JIRA 3.13.5 just after importing the data on JIRA 5.1.3 -- otherwise you won't be able to login. This documentation will help you on this matter.
I don't know much about Confluence, but I believe that you will need to upgrade from Confluence 3.1 -> Confluence 3.5.16 -> Confluence 4.2.8.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG