table report using jql

Artur Shokin February 11, 2014

Hi, Experts,

I'm looking for a possibility to report for the defects in a table.

The existing two dimentional report in Jira does not show the Zero Values. In the example below it would not show me the "Closed" and "red".

Second Problem: it is requiered to show new Dedects (younger as 1 Week) in the same table.

green         yellow          red
Open                 1             0             0
in Progres           1             2             0
Closed               0             0             0
New (<1 Week)        1             1             0

Is ist possible to create kind of wiki table, where each cell contains a jql quiry?

Cheers,

Artur

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2014

Short answer is "no" because you are

1. Trying to show negatives, which are surpressed by default to try to simplify reporting

2. Trying to put more than one filter into something that runs off one simple filter

You can work around point 2 though - take the filter you already have. Then create a second filter for your "show new defects". Then add "or filter = "My second filter"" to effectively merge the two.

Artur Shokin February 11, 2014

Hi, Nic,

I understand that it ist not possible to make this very report with onboard tools. But is there no possibility to use wiki + jql?

ps. it was possible in Polarion.

Cheers, Artur

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2014

You won't get "closed" out because it's not relevant - there's no data for it. Reporting 0s can have some uses, but generally, it's pointless because humans instinctively think "it's not on the report, so it must be unused/zero/null/unimportant"

The rest of the report is all there.

Suggest an answer