populating a dropdown list based on the selection in another dropdown.

In my JIRA gadget i have two dropdowns. I need to populate dropdownB based on the selection in dropdownA. Currently i have used dropdownA.onchange event and that event is not triggered.

where should I place the code so that the even is captured? config/view/script?

Currently I have placed this code in the script section, which is it working when I realod the page.

<script>                     
chipNames.onchange = function(){ setTimeout(function(){}, 1); var selectedChip = chipNames.options[chipNames.selectedIndex].text; if (selectedChip !== "" && selectedChip !== '-1') { boards.options.length = 0; AJS.$.ajax({ url: "/rest/testresults-gadget/1.0/test-results-data/getOptions", data:{chips:selectedChip}, dataType:"json", success:function(data){ var lists = data.boardNamesForTests; var boardOptions = document.createElement('options'); boardOptions.text = " "; boardOptions.value = " "; boards.add(new Option(boardOptions.value,0)); for(var i = 0; i < lists.length; i++){ boardOptions.text = lists[i].label; boardOptions.value = lists[i].value; boards.add(new Option(boardOptions.value,0)); } } }); } }

</script>

Please help

2 answers

0 vote

Have you tried using a cascading select list instead of a javascript bodge?

how to use cascading select list ? are there any reference code

Neelu -

I have the similar requirement in our environment. Would you mind sharing the solution with us ?

Thanks

I suspect Neelu added a cascading select list via admin -> custom fields.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: Magic Eyes

...staring into the background. Once the image pops out in 3D, you can look around the picture and enjoy. If you will see if you are a true illusion master! :) You did it? :) Wow! Awesome! As a bonus...

461 views 83 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you