need info on how this warning about navigating away works ?

Shamith K S August 24, 2011

i want to know how this warning about navigating away works..

how this listener works ? can we control this ?

1 answer

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2011

In a nutshell it works like this.

When a page loads all the values of all form inputs are serialised. If you do an action like navigating away from the page, the serialised values are compared with the current values. If they differ you get a dirty form warning.

Obviously some methods of navigating away from the page, like pressing the cancel or submit buttons, are exempted from this.

Some types of forms such as the quicksearch are also exempted.

If you want to disable it for forms in a plugin, I thought you could add some indicator class but I can't find it right now... using class=userpref-form should work but I don't think is the correct approach.

Does that help, or can you be more specific about your requirements?

so if i use popup , tht is included in navigating away operations ??

also can i disable for particluar page ?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2011

Can you explain more what you mean. Popping up a form doesn't unload the page so no.

You can disable using the class I mentioned above.

i have one hyperlink in one page, which opens popup, which will add fill some value to page in which hyperlink is there. now i am gettin warning abt navigating away. this happens only in internet explorer. so i need whethr this is internet explorer prob or any modification required in process of creating popup?

Suggest an answer