mysql setup

john beltrez December 2, 2011

Hello

I am trying to get mysql to work with standalone with JIRA 4.3. I can connect to mysql on by linux box and I have a jiradb and jira use set up. Every time I edit my dbconfig.xml file with the my sql entries and restart JIRA i get a 404/tomcat not available. If I switch back to my dbconfig.xml file with the HSQL setttings i get back in. I am not sure if my file is setup right. Am i supposed to put an IP or hostname on the //mysqldbserver:3306 line?

Thanks

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<jira-database-config>

<name>defaultDS</name>

<delegator-name>default</delegator-name>

<database-type>mysql</database-type>

<schema-name>PUBLIC</schema-name>

<jdbc-datasource>

<url>jdbc:mysql://dbserver:3306/jiradb?useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=utf8&amp;sessionVariables=storage_engine=InnoDB</url>

<driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>

<username>jiradbuser</username>

<password>password</password>

<pool-size>15</pool-size>

<validation-query>select 1</validation-query>

</jdbc-datasource>

</jira-database-config>

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2011

Use the config script under /bin folder to setup the database. You can check the connectivity there. Ip address or hostname shouldn't matter!

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Connecting+JIRA+to+MySQL#ConnectingJIRAtoMySQL-41ConnectingJIRAtoMySQLUsingtheJIRAConfigurationTool

Suggest an answer